A downloadable game
Dicey Crafting was originally made for the game jam Roll To Craft Game Jam. It is a single player, dungeon crawling, dice rolling adventure game.
The game play consists of a deck of monsters that you must battle your way through to complete the game. You also have a weapon (how you attack) and a shield (your health) that are crafted with dice. These gear pieces lose durability (the number decreases on them) as you attack enemies and they attack you. As a gear piece wears out you can 'mine' dice from a dice mine, roll them, and re-craft your weapon.
My goal with the art and the card design is to allow people to add more monsters, items, and gear easily. The monster design I chose should be very easy for most people to emulate (mostly black with a few white accents). I'd also like to see people modifying the rules for multiple players, different game types, and so on. My dream is for this to be a game people create their own unique monsters and games with.
I am going to use TGC so someone can actually buy the game, a box, the dice, and the instructions. The idea is to have the game always free as a print-to-play and give people the option to buy the game printed up nice and neat in a pretty box.
I'd also like to publish booster packs of cards I've created or the community has created (and given me permission to print).If you make a card that is put into the main game you'll get that card mailed to you free.
If this is received well I'll probably start an IndieGoGo or Kickstarter campaign to get money to build a dedicated website so we can share cards and ideas with each other more easily.
Monster images came from Tyler Warren
- 49 - Monster and Event Cards
- 33 - Treasure Cards
- 1 - Double Sided Weapon Card
- 1 - Double Sided Shield Card
- 4 - Number Cards
- 2 - Alternate Weapon and Shield Cards (other side number array)
- You'll also need 11 6-sided dice.
TO DO: Game Play Video
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Updated Rule BookApr 09, 2019
- Dicey Crafting - Now For SaleApr 05, 2019
- Please Rate Dicey CraftingApr 04, 2019
- Added a tutorial videoApr 04, 2019
- Finalizing Card ArtMar 26, 2019
- Box Art Finalized?Mar 26, 2019
- Updated RulesMar 26, 2019
- Updated Art and Box DesignMar 26, 2019