There is so much in this update I am sure to miss something. I should increase the minor build number to 4 but I feel like I need to finish the mission threads through Anchor Rage first. Most of these system where interconnected so I had to create a lot of things to get everything working right. Adding base raids necessitated healing, mobs, hunger (not really but added it anyway), and improved pathing.
- Tutorial missions: removed the build a weapon cabinet and changed it to talk about NPC jobs and build an upgrade object
- Added mission to build a Veggie Pot to feed peeps
Overhauled The Path System:
- Should improve performance by %10 FPS or more.
- If something looks wonky with the pathing let me know.
Refactor Shaders and Graphics
- Changed the way objects are outlined
- Removed the outline for interactive text
- This should also give a FPS boost
- Camp mate hunger now decreases over time and the more they work.
- They will have to eat to restore hunger
- If they don't eat they will slowly lose health and die
- Veggie Pot
- Place where camp mates can eat veggies to heal and restore hunger. Also free healing for you.
- Ammo Box
- Used to refill ammo in base
- Cotton Tree:
- A new tree item to farm
- Takes a long time to grow and produces 2 cloth.
- Easy early farmable cloth method
- Woolys are still much more efficient.
- Haven't decided what job should do the cotton picking.
- Harvest tool is the scythe
- Ranged 'venom'
- Faster than bullets
- Might poison or slow in the future
- Lots of health
- Ranged 'venom'
- Melee with a bite
- low health
- Jumps to attack
- Touching it hurts
- Deadly to melee attackers
- Probably will split after death (not added in yet)
- Mobs of different types will attack each other Except the slimes. It only likes human flesh.
- Mob types and numbers are dependent on base score (well really number of NPCs)
- Mob don't start attacking until you have at least one other person.
- Raid times now vary from 5 to 8 minutes.
- Warning will be displayed 30 seconds before attack.
- Right now mobs just attack people. The idea is for them to also target crates and barrels to 'steal' goods.
Change to Market Booths:
- Q and E now add and subtract items
- R and F now switch items in the list
- The price option is temporarily removed.
- Holding shift will add 5 items
- Moved the turn in box for steven farm
- Getting stuck in fences should be much harder now
- Rifle now pierces like it should. 1/2 damage for every enemy it passes through.
- Street lamps now have a cost
- Double resource bug is fixed
- Bed hitboxes fixed
- Signs should no longer hide into walls if built to close
- Woolies may or may not be attracted to livestock grates anymore
- A lot more minor ones fixed and probably a lot more created :)
Get Sand: A Superfluous Game
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.